SECTION S - SCARECROW
The Scarecrow competition is open to all ages.
Grab your friends, school buddies, parents, work colleagues and let your imagination take over. Design a traditional scarecrow or your favourite TV character and enter in this year's competition.
Your scarecrow will be on display for everyone to view at the Karoonda Farm Fair & Show.
This competition’s aim is to highlight the important role of the scarecrow.
· Scarecrows must be able to scare off birds, predators etc. by way of material being upright, shiny and their movement in the wind.
· Entries will be judged on their function, appeal, and originality
· Novelty scarecrows can be any shape, character, animal, or thing, but don't forget the aim of the scarecrow.
· Scarecrows will be displayed in the open and need to withstand the elements.
· Scarecrows must have a centre stick or cross bar to be displayed.
· All scarecrows are to be under 1.7meters high.
· All exhibits are entered at own risk. Overnight protection is not provided.
· All exhibits must be accompanied with an exhibit ticket.
A Trophy is awarded to the most successful junior (under 16) competing at Karoonda Farm Fair and Show in the relevant Show sections.
1. Storybook, cartoon, movie, or TV character scarecrow
2. Traditional looking scarecrow
How to Enter
· Entries close on Wed 27th March 2024 at 6:00pm. No late entries will be accepted.
· Entry form to be completed online
· All exhibits to be handed to stewards by Thursday 4th April 2024 at 6:00pm.
Contact Jenny Hood 0408 300 403